Friday, May 18, 2018

Not So Short Notes - Stair-Step Card

Finally, another post! I haven't been in my stamping room for what seems a long time! This card was almost completed a couple weeks ago, and I finished it up last night. Not sure when I'll get back in my room again, either. Oh well - that's life! And it's summer:)

Another stair-step card. For this card, I used the Stampin' Up! set called "Not So Short Notes." I used two of the stamps - the image on the front and the sentiment/image on the inside. There are two more stamps, but I'm not planning on using them at this time. One is an image very similar to the mailboxes, but it's three bird houses. The other is a very long and thin angel.

The sentiment was cut with a die. To make it fit, I cut the "BIRTHDAY" into two pieces. The little birdie on the bottom of the front is from the sentiment stamp. Not my favorite card, but after having it sit around almost finished for quite a while, it's good to have it in the "done" box!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I really like this card, Lynette, the fold you've used is perfect for the beautiful, tall image. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Not your favorite card? Picky, picky, but I know how we stampers are sometimes. I LOVE it! Those stamps are so cute, and I'll bet the birdhouses are darling, too. Spring and summer are busy seasons for all the things we can't do in the winter months. Enjoy!

Cheryl W said...

I think your card is great! I really love how you colored your image. I know how it is, though, when you're not totally satisfied with how a card turns out. I've reworked so many of them - probably needlessly. :)

Darnell said...

Well, I love it, Lynette! The shape and the color and the image and the ways you did your words are pretty and a ton of fun!! And look! I didn't realize that the word "party" can be clearly anagrammed from "Happy Birthday!" How cool is that?! Hugs, Darnell

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The tall birdhouses are such a cute image and love the coloring! It's a great layout for the card!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! I'm always at a loss as to what to use on the step card panels...you totally nailed it! Great job, beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!