Tuesday, December 5, 2017

I Used Sequins! :)

A friend mailed me some sequins a few years ago. They came on a string. I removed three of them and they have been sitting on the base of my lamp ever since. They even survived the move out of my stamping room and back in! They are finally on a card! I have tried other times and I just don't have the knack of placing them or making them look good. I think they work all right on this card, though. The die is one of my "unbranded" ones. I cut an oval out of ivory to place underneath it. The sentiment is from Stampendous. I have about a million sequins that my mom had leftover from her projects, so I should figure out something to do with them.

I often get asked questions in comments left on my blog. I try to answer them, but most of the time I have no way of doing it directly and have to add the reply to another blog post. I would love it if you could either email me your questions so I could reply to you directly, or make sure that your email address shows up when you leave a comment. So many people are "no-reply" commenters. Thanks for reading this far on my blog! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I've gotten to where I love sequins and now have way too many of them, just like I have way too many brads and eyelets. But if you want more than one color... There are a LOT in those little packages. I think your sequins are perfectly placed on this pretty card.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I don't feel like I am good at randomly placing dots or gems on cards. I always feel like they look planned. :) I like how you used yours on this card. That's a pretty die!

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty card, Lynette! I think you've placed your sequins perfectly.

I have lots of unbranded dies (many not yet used on a card), so I am really happy to see that you use some of them, too. They are an economical way of continuing this fun hobby.

Hope you're staying warm in the cold and snow that has settled in the metro area!