Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Simple Thinking of You

I stamped this "Thinking of you" sentiment last week while working on another card. It was the wrong size for that card and I, of course, couldn't throw it away:) It was stamped in my favorite brown - Soft Suede. (The stamp and ink are both from Stampin' Up! and likely both retired.) The flowered paper is from a matstack from The Paper Studio and the bottom layer of patterned cardstock is from an old matstack by Recollections. I do believe that is my last sheet from that stack - possibly the only matstack I have even come close to using up!! (Actually, now that I think of it, I think I may have one more sheet.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful these papers are together, and with the Soft Suede. I do not have that color, but I do have this sentiment set and use it a lot. It is a large sentiment with a beautiful font, perfect for this card. Lately I've been leaving my unused card parts out on my stamp table so I'll use them rather than tuck them away. Hmmm... getting a little pile there, so I'd better come up with some ideas soon.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great combination of papers! My favorite brown is the Soft Suede as well. I hope they don't ever discontinue it.

Anonymous said...

Great card!

Not that it isn't already well on it's way to total destruction, but if I ever used the last sheet of paper in a pad (any size) of patterned paper, the world would end! LOL!! Oh, do I ever have too much paper. :( I can honestly blame my husband for the problem, though. He often stops at craft stores to pick up things up for me and for some reason, he always adds patterned paper to the mix when they have it on sale whether I want it or not. He has not bought any lately, so maybe I've finally gotten through to him that I just don't have any more space for storing the stuff! The only good news is that unlike most men, he has good taste and a good sense of color so at least I have an oversupply of very nice paper. LOL!

But, all that said, I guess my real question is how did you ever find a paper pad that you could actually use every sheet? LOL! Even in pads that I like a lot, there always seems to be a few (or more than a few) sheets that are just ugly designs. (And of course I'm talking about the mixed patterns you find in brands like Recollections, DCWV, etc. ( have seen that some companies such as Doodle Bug and MFT puts out pads of a single design like tiny polka dots in different colors which would pretty much be all usable. But, for the most part stuff like that is out of my price range.) :)

Unknown said...

I agree with others...I love the colors you used and the patterned paper really pops the entire card! Nice job!

Patti J said...

Every single sheet? Seriously? I'm totally impressed! Beautiful, CAS creation! It's sure to make someone smile! Thanks for sharing...