Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Fall Birthday and Hello

This die-cut and folded piece has been in my paper drawer for years. I thought about tossing it, but instead made it into a card. I matted it with a deepish red. I don't know who made the die. I'm not even sure how it got into my paper drawer! :) The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! and is matted and mounted on foam squares.
While I had that sheet of paper out, I made another card with it. It is almost fall, after all! I matted with the same deep red as the first card. I die-cut the hello out of the same red, and also twice out of white to stack it. My Ott light doesn't seem as bright as it used to be. I wonder if they can kind of "wear out."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That is certainly an interesting bit of folded sculpture on your first card. I had to click up close for a good look. Intriguing! Pretty fall paper and love the scripty popped up "hello" on the second card. Good question about the Ott lights. I've had mine forever, but they don't seem to be going dim. Maybe I'm just not noticing it. Hmmmm.

papercraftsbygari.com said...

Love your work. I have a question on how you make the frame so small around the printed papers? I can't seem to make it thin like you do. Thanks for your time, Gari