Friday, April 7, 2017

Happy Birthday, Georgia! (In Full Bloom #3)

A card for my friend, Georgia - a member of our Yahoo! stamping group. Happy Birthday, my friend!

This card is #3 from the Stampin' Up! set called "In Full Bloom." The three stamps I used for this card are the flower, the stem and the border. I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I added Star Dust Stickles to the bee in the border. I matted each piece with green cardstock. The patterned paper is from a Recollections stack. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. It's hard to tell in the picture, but I also used my Scor-Pal to make a scored line on the top and bottom of the stamped strip.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Patti H. said...

Love your card & your idea to use some older stamp sets to make a few cards. I'M m going to try that also as I have LOTS of SU sets. I keep forgetting about all the wood sets I have. Thanks for the inspiration!

Patti H. said...

Love your card & your idea to use some older stamp sets to make a few cards. I'M m going to try that also as I have LOTS of SU sets. I keep forgetting about all the wood sets I have. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Love the idea that this card has 2 focal points (at least for me!). I saw the large blossom vertically and then the small ones horizontally. I really like this card and I'm sure your friend will love it too!

Chookarooni said...

Lovely card Lynette and love that stamp set!

Leslie Miller said...

Soooo pretty, Lynette! Now I really miss my set. Yes, I checked and I don't have it, boo hoo. Your Prismacoloring with the Gamsol looks great. I just love how easy it makes shading and blending. I also love the paper you've been using in the background. Nice small pattern that goes with everything.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I had that stamp set but sold it. Love the coloring and the layout. Lucky Georgia!