Tuesday, November 22, 2016

"Cheater" Cards #1

A few years ago, I bought a pad of Recollections Christmas-patterned cardstock. I had used a few sheets of it over the years, but I still had most of it left. I did a "mini-purge" with the matstack. I separated the sheets into sheets I knew I would not use, those that could be used for non-Christmas cards, and sheets that I could cut down to use for my this-year's Christmas cards. I had a friend over on Thursday, and while she worked on sorting through her photographs, I made twenty-one cards. Oh, how good that felt. On Friday morning, I used the sheets that I knew I would never use! I flipped them over and used the blank side to stamp images and sentiments for twelve more cards. I will share them later. So, as of Saturday night, I have my Christmas cards finished for the year! I still have to stamp the insides, but at least the outsides of 72 cards are done.

I will start with the three very simplest designs. All I did with these was to trim down the design and then stamp a sentiment. The card bases are all ivory. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the nostalgia!

Leslie Miller said...

If this is cheating then I say go ahead and cheat! These are beautiful papers that made into fabulous cards. You must have flying fingers. I couldn't even do cheater cards that fast! Good for you!