Saturday, July 30, 2016

Birthday Iris

This is the last die-cut corner piece I have left from Des Moines. Yea for me - I used them all up! :)

I stamped the iris (from Penny Black) and colored with Copic markers. As I had the sentiment stamp ready to stamp (Stampin' Up!) it fell off the block and landed on the image panel. Poopy! :( Since it was my last die-cut piece and I liked the way it had turned out, I decided to trim down the right side where the stamp fell. I think it turned out OK, although I think I would have liked it better with the whole panel there. I matted with textured yellow cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You certainly made "Lemonade out of Lemons" in fixing your "Oooops!" I love the colors and my favorite part is the die-cut. I may have to invest in some of those!

jackalory said...

You've made another beautiful card - I would not have even mentioned the oopsie - looks just as if that were your intention all along!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Glad I read the description......you proved again that we can correct those "goofs". Love the results!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That darn poopy moment turned into an awesome design! Beautiful!

Sandy said...

Great save! Don't you just hate it when our stamps "jump" onto the card we're working on? Although I must admit lately its been my card or image that has been "jumping" onto an open stamp pad. LOL