Saturday, March 26, 2016

Sparkly Purple Birthday


 I actually found it hard to make a birthday card for our soon-to-be six-year-old granddaughter! I wasn't sure what she was "in to" these days. So, I went purple and sparkly. How could I go wrong?

I had actually already started this card, because I used a large stamp from my next Stampin' Up! set. The set is called "Baroque Motifs." I used Versamark to stamp the background stamp multiple times (well, one full stamp, and then several partials.) I used my Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder. That is the one jar of embossing powder that is almost empty! I didn't realize I had used it so much. Then I didn't know what to do, and I let it sit for a while. I ended up cutting a tag with a fancy tag Spellbinders die. I then stamped the sentiment (from The Paper Studio) and the little flowers/designs and used the same embossing powder. I added a couple layers of cardstock underneath to give it more substance, and then mounted on foam squares. I hope she likes it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I think all little girls like purple. That is really pretty card stock!

Patti J said...

She will love this gorgeous purple card! Great job! Happy Easter, my friend!

bonnie32002 said...

Looks good to me!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, she'll love the sparkle! Nope, can't go wrong with that!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous mono card~