Friday, January 22, 2016

"Hello Friend"

This card was a long time in the making, and I'm not real pleased with it. But, I'm glad to have it done! :) And since I haven't had anything to share with you for a long time, I'm sharing this!

I cut this main piece with a new die set a while ago (Spellbinders) and while I like it a lot, I don't know what to do with it. I cut the large piece out of a mottled green cardstock and embossed it. Let it sit for a few weeks. Put the die back on and sponged some green ink in the center. Let it sit again. Added the sentiment (from Papertrey) and, you guessed it ... let it sit again. I kept picking it up and trying to figure something out. I had had the black underneath it for a while, and trimmed the piece down a bit. Finally, I added the black pieces in the corners. They were cut with another die from the same set. I was almost pleased with it, but not quite. But, at that point, it was "good enough!" Looking at it now, I'm wondering if some patterned paper behind it might have been a good idea. The main panel is mounted on foam squares.

Stay tuned - I actually have a card for tomorrow, too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like it the way it is! Using a patterned paper behind it might be too busy unless it is just a really tiny hint of a pattern. I really like that die. I haven't ever seen it.

Lisa Lara said...

WOW this is a beauty Lynette.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That's a gorgeous die and one I think I would just love. Of course, you know me, I'd probably color something in the middle, but it's a great die for a big sentiment, too, as you've shown so beautifully. The trick is to have the right size sentiment for it, I guess. I don't keep up much with Spellbinders, I'm afraid. The new ones sell out quickly at Dies R Us.