Thursday, December 10, 2015

Die-Cut Birthday

When I had the opportunity to buy Spellbinders dies at 50% off, I bought four sets. This is one of them.

One die nests inside of the other. I used just the intricate part to cut the design out of white and trimmed it down to just slightly smaller than a card front. Then I cut both pieces out of a burgundy cardstock. I glued the burgundy piece onto the white piece. I scored the lines with my Scor-Pal. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession. I mounted the white panel on foam tape and added it to the card front. It's hard to tell in the picture that it's raised up.

Update on my dad: He started chemo last Friday. The cancer has gotten bigger in all locations. The most troublesome is the stuff at the top of his spine/base of his brain. They are hoping to keep it in check for as long as they can. He has a bus trip scheduled for the end of December and a cruise starting in the middle of January. We're hoping he is able to do them!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Pretty die cut design!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, look at you with the fancy die cut! That's a pretty one! I can totally see that it's raised up. Good deal at 50% off! Your poor dad with the chemo again. Try to believe he'll fight it off like he did before. Keep hoping and praying.