Friday, September 25, 2015

Wreath of Roses #3 - and a Color Challenge

I made this card for a color challenge - the colors being orange and green. I also used two more stamps from the Stampin' Up! set called "Wreath of Roses." I just have a tiny rose stamp yet to use.

I stamped the image with Memento black ink and colored with Copics. I cut it out with a Nestability and then cut the mat from orange with the matching scalloped oval. I mounted on foam squares. I added two colors of orange gemstones. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that card. Just a simple, sweet card. I need to go to SU and check it out that set:-)
Gloria

Shoshi said...

Very pretty, Lynette! I'm not usually a fan of orange, but this is so lovely. Really bright and cheerful.

Thank you for your lovely comment and I'm glad you like my colouring! I think I could get addicted to this - it was such fun to do! I am delighted that my dosage was reduced, and today I feel OK, but usually not too bad while I'm still taking steroids. The beginning of next week is the acid test! I do think that a 50 percent reduction in the dose should make a huge difference to how I feel, though.

Shoshi

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty bouquet!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love orange and green. Really anything with green on a flower, tee hee! This looks like a pretty stamp set. I'm not familiar with it at all. Such a sweet and lovely card, Lynette!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great design for that color combination........very pretty!