Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sweet Stems - #1 - #3

I'll be running out of posts soon, if I can't find any stamping time! :) I guess I have a few to share yet, though.

My cards for today use the Stampin' Up! set called "Sweet Stems." It consists of four simple flower stamps. On this first card, I used two of them. The portion of the flower on the bottom is one of the stamps. I used another stamp (and my Stamp-a-ma-jig) to stamp the upper two pieces. I make very few of them, but this is a one-layer card. I colored with Memento markers. I added small gems to the lower flowers, the dots on the sentiment and to the butterfly. The butterfly was punched out of glittery cardstock with a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things. I also rounded the corners on the right side.
A single flower stamped and colored with Copic markers.  I added gems to the petals. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s "Sincere Salutations."  I added a piece of Washi tape above the sentiment. And that entitles me to submit this to the QKR Stampede challenge to use Washi Tape!
Again, stamped and colored with Copics. And again the sentiment is from "Sincere Salutations." I added gems, matted with bright orange, and placed it on the side of the card front.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Shoshi said...

These are lovely, Lynette, so delicate and pretty. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, and I'm glad you like my embellishments.

Shoshi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a great job lining up the stamps on the first card. Such pretty designs made very nice cards!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous use of these stamps! Love how you turned the first into a border. Cute itty bitty butterfly, too. Hey, glad to see you could join the QKR challenge! It's a pretty easy one this week. Thanks, Lynette!

Sherri said...

Love this black polka dot washi tape! Perfect choice to compliment the image & sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful cards, thank you for joining us this week for our Washi Tape Challenge at QKR Stampede. Karal DT