Thursday, August 6, 2015

"Negative" Sticker

My friend, Vicki, posted several cards where she use the "negative" parts of a sticker. So, I got some of the special paper so that I could do that, too:) Here is the card I made using that technique. The sentiment is from a Stampabilities set that I just got our our NEW Hobby Lobby!

Edited to add: Here is a link to the transfer sheet that I used. You can find videos on YouTube on how to use it. It IS reusable. And here is a link to the instruction video.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Ronda said...

How do you do the negative sticker? Did I miss something?



bonnie32002 said...

I just did used the negative part of a sticker lately too. I didn't have special paper, just packing tape to pick it up. It is pretty fiddly but sure puts the left overs to work!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

How fun that I was actually able to inspire you once. :) Not using the negative portion on such a beautiful sticker would be such a waste. I love that you did the entire card in black and white. I love the card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I'd really love to hear about the actual technique you used. First of all, I never see any stickers like this one in my local craft stores, so where do you get them? And if you used the "negative" part of the sticker, why did you need some sort of "special" paper and what is it and how do you use it? Hope you can explain or maybe link to a tutorial that you used for this technique.

Leslie Miller said...

WOW! That is so COOL! I absolutely LOVE it! Brilliant idea from Vicki and gorgeous card from you!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of recycling the negative piece of the sticker! In black and white, it is a gorgeous card! I am going to have to go down to my Stamp Room and look thru my stickers. Thanks, Lynette!