Monday, August 31, 2015

Birthday Blooms

I love this card. I wish you could tell better in the photograph what it really looks like. At any rate, this is how I made it: The flower was done with a Memory Box die. (Thanks, Harriet.) I did it last June using a technique we learned at our class in Des Moines. First I embossed the flower die, then watercolored it using distress inks. After it dried, I cut it out (with the die.) The lattice-y piece was done with a Spellbinders die. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I put these pieces on a layer of cardstock. All of the cardstock is ivory.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!
Gloria

newbie85 said...

VERY pretty, Lynette! Will have to try this one!!!! Thanks for sharing! Have a good day!

Sandy said...

Oh Lynette, I do love this one. So delicate looking! Your coloring is perfect.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's lovely! I was just thinking about that die yesterday but didn't get it out. I really like what you did with it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette, It's your question filled reader yet again! LOL!! I use a lot of die cuts and often color and/or paint them in various ways after I cut them out. So I'm just curious since you said you first embossed the die and painted it and then cut it out... Does that make the final die cut look different? Or is the embossing just to see the outline of the shape so you can paint it before you cut it out?

I try to keep up with Memory Box dies even though I can't afford to purchase many of them, but this one doesn't look familiar to me. Do you know the name of it? It is so pretty and your card is gorgeous!

Bea said...

Your card is simply beautiful! It looks as if it was very involved. Just love the colors. Bea

bonnie32002 said...

I'm with you, I love it too! Wonderful colors and texture.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooh, pretty! Hey, that's a really cool idea to do the flower die like that. I can see how it would give it more dimension. Your coloring is beautiful. I'd be happy to tell you how gorgeous it is in person, tee hee!