Sunday, July 19, 2015

Smorgasborders #5 and 6

The last two stamps from the Stampin' Up! "Smorgasborders" set. I once again stamped the flowers with Memento black ink and colored with Copics. I didn't mat the image panel and I mounted on foam squares. Once again, the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.
For this second card, I stamped the image twice, lining it up with my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I love this sentiment from Papertrey ink. I have to be honest about this one ... after I photographed it, I took the image panel off and used the base to make another card:( I wasn't keen on the image.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another stamp set finished. Those are such great little borders.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you at all for changing your card if you really didn't like the image. That's what I hate about most stamp sets. There are ALWAYS images in the mix that I would never use. I feel so terrible about buying sets when I really like only about half of the images. I do buy a lot of individual stamps, but even if we only use part of them, sets end up being the more reasonable way to buy stamps. I have not bought any SU sets in a really long time. Their prices are so high to begin with, I just can't justify buying sets from them unless I love every single image and that just doesn't happen very often. At least if I buy stamps at the big box stores I can get them on sale or with a coupon which really helps. Too bad their selection is so limited, though.

Leslie Miller said...

These are cute! I really like the white on white on the first card, and the second would make a great kid's birthday card. I've made quite a few cards I took apart later and maybe used either the image or the card base differently.