Monday, May 18, 2015

Lovely Birthday - and an Update

I finally had a chance to stamp - last week was mighty busy!

I got several My Favorite Things stamps and dies from a friend, and I used some on this card. I die-cut and stamped the rose and stem and leaves. I used foam squares on the rose, the tips of the leaves, and the top of the stem. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock and then embossed with a Darice Wire Fence embossing folder. I matted with Old Olive cardstock.

Update on my dad: Unfortunately, he has more cancer:( About 18 years ago, he had prostate cancer and had his prostate removed. That cancer has now come back and has spread to his bones and other places. He will be getting a testosterone blocker shot every three months to try to keep it in check. He will also be getting a one-treatment shot of focused radiation to the top of his spine to halt the cancer there. Hopefully this will give him several more years! Alas - he will not be able to skydive. Much too risky with some brittle bones. We were scheduled to jump over the weekend, but it was postponed again. I'll let you know when our next scheduled date is!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautiful card! Love that rose. And the background.

So sorry about your dad but several years is a blessing. I hope he can enjoy watching you skydive if it ever happens. Golly one thing after another!

Unknown said...

I am also sad to read about your dad, but modern medicine seems to have lots of options! May he be comfortable and happy for many moe years! I really love tthis card, Lynette...you certainly have the creative flair in your bones!

Harriet Skelly said...

That rose is beautiful! Praying that your dad gets many more years from that block treatment!

Bea said...

Beautiful card! Sorry to hear about your dad but with medicine as it is today, it gives much hope. I will continue to keep him in my prayers. Take care. Bea

bonnie32002 said...

Lovely rose and so much more convenient when you have the matching die!

Sorry to hear more bad news for your Dad. I will continue to keep him in my prayers.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Lynette! It's good news that treatment will give him several years, though. Hopefully this radiation won't be as difficult as his last regimen. He's done such a brave and valiant job of fighting it off. I have high hopes for him. Now, your card is absolutely beautiful! A fabulous pop of pretty against the white. Love the embossed panel and the large sentiment. One of my all time faves of yours!

Mary said...

I am so sorry that your Father has cancer again. It sounds like he is quite the fighter! I will pray for him Lynette.

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The rose is very pretty. Glad you were able to get some MFT from your friend. You and your father continue to be in my prayers. I hope he is able to have a lot more time with you.