Saturday, January 24, 2015

Valentine #2

Valentine number two for our oldest grandson, Andrew.

I stamped the Fiskars image with Memento ink and colored with Copics. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I scored lines between the turtle and the sentiment, and also around the edges. I glued the image panel to the red layer, which was embossed with a heart Cuttlebug folder and I mounted that layer on foam squares. The bottom layer is plain white with a strip of Washi tape.

After over three days in the hospital, Wyatt is not improving. In fact, he is worse. :( He has pneumonia, RSV and has thrown up and had diarrhea. Poor little guy. I'm really afraid he is going to have to have an IV. They don't have much luck with them, and last time had to try about seven times before they got one in correctly. It will lengthen his stay, too. Not sure when he will come home. On a more positive note, my dad and brother and sister-in-law made it to Atlanta. They drove straight through (with several stops) and arrived at about 5:00 a.m. yesterday. My dad is doing well!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your little "guy" and sentiment! So sorry to hear about Wyatt!!! Prayers and hugs are being sent to all of you.
Gloria

bonnie32002 said...

That turtle is adorable! The colors are so much more vibrant than what my chalk coloring looks like. Please don't make me want copics.

I will keep Wyatt in my prayers.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very cute! Love all the scored lines....that adds a lot to the card. Such a cute little turtle and I think I have that stamp set.

Mary said...

Love your card Lynette. It makes for a great Valentines card for both girls and boys.

I was sorry to read that Wyatt is not well yet. I am saying prayers and sending lots of positive thoughts for him , you and all of your family.

Mary

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the CAS designs of these cards Lynette and the red and white is a terrific combo! Hazel x

Leslie Miller said...

Another cutie patootie! Perfect for kids. I'm glad I read your other posts first so I know Wyatt is doing better now. Poor little guy! Lots of people at work are sick.