Sunday, January 11, 2015

Delight in Life

The next card in  my mission to use my Stampin' Up! sets. This set is called "Delight in Life."

This card uses three stamps from the set - the background circles, the swirl (in the border) and the sentiment. I used Perfect Plum ink for the backgrounds and matting and black for the sentiment. I colored the little flower in the sentiment and added Diamond Glaze to it. I also colored all of the little circles in the border piece green, and random circles in the background. I'll be back with another card or two using this set soon.

Update on my dad: He has seven radiation treatments left. He is doing quite well. My brother and sister-in-law are taking very good care of him, and we are all very lucky.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice card! I like the layout!!

Glad your Dad is doing quite well under the circumstances. Keeping him in my thoughts!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You're creating such nice cards with those SU sets. I love Perfect Plum. That is such good news about your dad and that your brother and sister-in-law are helping out with him!!!

Mary said...

A beautiful card Lynette. I am very glad to hear that your father is doing well.

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

I used to have this set. Pretty card you made with it. Love how you made the border. Good to hear your dad is doing well.

bonnie32002 said...

This is a really Cas design. I'm glad you told us that the matting is a plumb color, I Really thought it was black inot the photo.

I am very glad that your dadad is doing well.