Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Bold & Bright - #3 and #4

Well, we're home, we don't have company and I woke up early. That combination of events led me to my stamping room. Yippee! Personal updates later (including my dad) but first, I'll tell you about these two cards.

I'm not really enamored of this set, "Bold & Bright" from Stampin' Up!, but I "needed" to use it to continue my mission of using all of my retired Stampin' Up! sets. Now I'm done with it and can move on to the next sets. For this first one, I inked up the stamp with a Brilliance three-color pad and matted with a shimmery blue. I mounted the panel on pop dots. I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) with the same pad. Lots of shimmer on the card, but not in the picture:)
Last card with this set - perhaps forever! LOL! I used black ink on the stamp and colored with water color pencils and an aquapainter. I matted with black and again used pop dots. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and I added the Washi tape before added the image panel.

We have been very busy again, but like I said - we're home now. Our daughter and family arrived from Chicago on the Saturday before Christmas and stayed until Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve, Jim and I and our kids and their kids (plus others) all went down to my dad's to celebrate. Jim and I stayed there until yesterday, when we left to attend a funeral, visited his mom and then came home. Lots of fun times, but I must say, it's great to be home.

My dad is doing quite well. His mouth is a bit sore, he isn't hungry and he can't taste. But, he knows he needs to make himself eat, drink water, drink a supplement and put ointment on his face. He is taking very good care of himself. He is now over half done with his radiation treatments - finished up number 16 of 30 this morning. My brother and sister-in-law will be arriving on Monday to stay with him until he is finished. That is SO awesome of them!

Tomorrow I'll post my first calendar page of 2015. On Friday I'll post a picture of my birthday cards (tradition, you know) and then I'll start posting pictures of new cards again, assuming that I get some made in the next few days. I know for sure I have two more, because I got them done this morning. Thanks for sticking with me through all my days of not posting anything. I hope I'm back now for a while!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Glad to see you back creating - hard when you have a little one during the day - we start caring for our two grandsons in April - four days a week - so excited - know I will be tired at the end of those days but it is a good kind of tired as I am sure you will agree! Glad to hear your Dad is getting through his treatments and taking care of himself! Happy New Year!!!!

bonnie32002 said...

I have a few sets I picked up at rummage sales only because of the $1 price and now I look at them and think, What was I thinking? LOL

Out of the two cards...the one with black really pops!

Glad to hear your update on your Dad, and I'll keep in my prayer list.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, I think they are both very pretty. The first one with those soft colors and the second one with the more bold statement. Very nice!

So glad your father is taking such care to do everything he can to ease the process of going through radiation!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, that radiation is brutal, poor guy. I'm glad to hear he's taking care of himself and doing all the right things. These stamps are cute, but it's hard to know what to do with a stamp this shape, at least for me. This project can certainly help you to see which stamps you want to "weed out", right? I hope you continue to find some stamping time now and then. Happy new year!