Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy Anniversary, Annie and Ray!

This is the card I sent to a friend of mine in my stamping group. She should have received it by now, hopefully!

I started with stamping the image (from Penny Black) and coloring with Copic markers and adding Star Dust Stickles to the flower center. I stamped the lower flower twice. I cut out the entire image and also the single flower. I mounted the single flower on foam squares and mounted it on the full image, rotating it a bit so there would be more petals. Then I had no idea what I wanted to do with it! It took me a while to end up with this card. I ended up using a tri-fold card with a circle cut out of the front. I added printed vellum to the front, cutting out the same circle. I added a piece of cream vellum under the circle and stamped the sentiment (from PSX) and heat-embossed. I added the butterfly, which was cut with a Memory Box out of a velvety black paper.

Thanks for your prayers for my dad. He has decided to go with radiation. He had to have six teeth extracted first and still needs to meet with a GI doctor to have a swallowing issue addressed. If all goes well with that, he will begin his series of 33 treatments sometime in December. It will be pretty miserable, but he will get through it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

JUDI said...

This is such a BEAUTIFUL card. your coloring is fantastic and i love how you used the vellum.
GOD bless and keep your DAD.
WITH LOVE jUDI






bonnie32002 said...

Lovely design...and even though you didn't know which way this card was going to go, it turned out beautifully.

Unknown said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card, Lynette! Your skill in creating and coloring is incredible. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the card for all your efforts! Prayers continue for your dad.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, now, that's interesting how you manipulated the flowers to make them look so absolutely beautiful! The card turned out just lovely. You sound like me, wondering what you're going to do with the image now that you've got that far. I just never know how it will turn out.

Leslie Miller said...

ps: It's heartening news to hear your dad has decided to take a stand and go with radiation. It's not going to be fun, but he'll be giving that old cancer a run for its money. I'm cheering for him!