Saturday, October 4, 2014

Antique Collectibles - Part One

I struggled with this set, but in the end I'm happy with the results. The set is called "Antique Collectibles." One more set and I get to move on to the next stack of ten:)

For this card, I decided to make a bookmark card. I've never done that before. On the front, I used decorative cardstock from Kanban, shimmery gold paper, and a gold-embossed sentiment from a Stampin' Up! set called "Birthday Greetings." The card base is ivory.
Here is the inside of the card with the bookmark section folded inward. I used a never-before-used tool from Stampin' Up! to perforate the card base so the bookmark can easily be removed and used. Again, I used cardstock from Kanban to decorate the bookmark. The heart image and the sentiment are from the Antique Collectibles set. They are both embossed with detail gold embossing powder.


And here is the inside with the bookmark folded outward. I embossed the sentiment with gold. It's from the Birthday Greetings set. I'll have to remember when I finally arrive at that set that I have already used two of the stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

It turned out lovely. Your color choice for the antique images is perfect!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm not familiar with this set. It has certainly been fun seeing some of these new-to-me SU! sets. This is a very classy and elegant card, and I love the bonus bookmark!

Unknown said...

Lovely bookmark card. Just curious what kind of SU tool you did use to perforate the cardstock. Is it something that is still available from SU? I have the Scor-Bug tool to use with my Scor-Pal and other scoring boards and I think it perforates, but I've never tried it for that.

Bea said...

This card is just gorgeous. Lucky is the person who receives this. What a neat idea w/the bookmark! Is that tool currently available? Beautiful job!