Thursday, June 19, 2014

Washi Birthday

Hurray for me - I got to make a card yesterday afternoon! :) I'm really not quite sure how I feel about it, but here it is - for better or worse.

I stamped the image (from Inkadinkado) with Vintage Violet ink from Stampin' Up three times without re-inking. I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) with the same ink. I matted with Vintage Violet cardstock. It just seemed to be lacking something, so I went with Washi tape. I added the border towards the outer edges of the card. I decided it needed something to tie the image to the border. I put a couple scrap pieces of Washi tape on scrap pieces of white and punched the tiny butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch. I also added yellow Liquid Pearls to each of them. It still seemed to need something more, so I added Washi tape over the sentiment. Then I mounted the image panel on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I really, really like this card. I love the idea of using the Washi tape for your butterflies too. Great ideas, Lynette!

Doris said...

Your card turned out great! How clever to make matching butterflies.

Shoshi said...

That's a bit different, Lynette, with the Washi tape! It has a very Japanese feel to it.

Thanks for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you've enjoyed seeing where we've been on holiday. I felt better today and was able to enjoy our day out, but did sleep in the car. Home tomorrow.

Shoshi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the affect if stamping the design off three times to give that shadowed look! The yellow butterflies do tie the image together with the taped frame.

Mary said...

Using the washi tape to frame your images is a wonderful idea. I think your card is lovely.:)

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

I love the effect of the Washi tape over the sentiment, and those little matching butterflies -- darling! Very pretty silhouette stamp. Inkadinkado has some of the best. Looks wonderful in the Vintage Violet. I keep looking at some of those old colors I have and thinking how I should use them up and make room for new.