Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Speedy Recovery to Owen

Our grandson, Owen (three and a half years old) had tubes put in his ears and had his adenoids out yesterday. Everything went well and hopefully he will STAY well for a long time. He's pretty much been sick since he started preschool/daycare in January. This is the card I made for him yesterday.

I stamped the background of the pocket with a long-retired Stampin' Up! background stamp called Just Jeans. I stamped the stitching using another retired SU set called Pocket Fun and cut it out. I stamped the frog (from the Pocket Fun set, also), colored with Copic markers, and cut it out. I added googlie eyes. I also added some "rivets" to the corners of the pocket. I mounted the pocket and frog on foam squares. The background was made using a Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder and silver shimmery paper. I matted with black. The sentiment is from another SU set called Curvy Verses, which I assume is also retired. I matted each piece with black and mounted them on foam squares, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Danni said...

Glad that things went well for Owen and hope it helps him stay well!!

Adorable card and that jean pocket looks so realistic!!

Shoshi said...

Aww, poor little lad! Hope he's better soon. Love the card! I've just made one using that embossing folder - out of my medication wrappers lol!

Shoshi

Mary said...

I hope that Owen begins feeling much better very soon. Grace had tubes put in her ears when she turned one year old. It seems that a lot of children have that procedure.

I smiled BIG the moment I saw the card that you made for him. It is so adorable. I'm sure that Owen will love it.

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! I recently got a pocket stamp and was planning to use it with my Just Jeans background -- love that background stamp! Been trying to think what I could put in the pocket. The frog is adorable. Wyatt will probably feel much better now that his ears are fixed. They do a lot of that in our Day Surgery department. Odd how so many kids need that these days.