Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blue Birthday

More card parts. The parts for this card were the die-cut birthday (Memory Box, I think) and the blue piece with just the horizontal lines embossed. I'm pretty sure that embossing was done with an embossing folder.

I used a Sizzix Christmas embossing folder (that I got last year after all of my cards were finished) to emboss the top part and the bottom part. I mounted the birthday die cut on pieces of foam squares. I stamped the HAPPY using a Papertrey stamp.

Thanks, Donna, about the heads-up regarding my calendar files link. Not sure what the problem is. I changed things up and added a new link, but I don't think that is the solution, either, as I think you have to sign in for that. I'll keep trying.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always amazed how much I learn from you, Lynette. I love the flat "Happy" and the raised "Birthday!" Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Thanks for the "fix"- it's working fine now!

Donna

Jeanette said...

Love this Lynette!! Beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Love the embossing in pretty blue with the raised up "birthday". It doesn't look like a Christmas folder. Very versatile!