Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Simple Sympathy

This is one of my new Darice embossing folders. I did expect to use it to make a card right away, but I did not expect to use the card so soon. :( A friend of mine in our stamping group lost her husband last Monday. So very sad.

I trimmed down the embossed piece and stamped the wildflowers (from Inkadinkado) in black. I wanted to add just a teeny tiny bit of color to symbolize a little bright spot that Bill is no longer struggling, so I added the little butterfly punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

JUDI said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your friend lost her husband.
Your card is very appropriate, With Sympathy, but celebrating his life.
God be with her and Family.
With Love Judi

Chrissy said...

A stunning Sympathy card Lynette..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. This makes the most gorgeous sympathy card. It's restful and the butterfly makes me think of his soul being set free. Very nice Lynette!

Unknown said...

WOW! This card is stunning! You are a great "ambassador" for embossing folders...I need to pick up the Sympathy one soon! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Lynette,
I certainly pinned this one. It is simply beautiful. Darice are such affordable
embossing folders. Thanks for sharing.

Cammy01

Joyce Stewart said...

Beautiful card.... Sorry you have lost your crafting friend. Off to find this folder, thanks for sharing
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Where can we purchase this beautiful embossing folder?