Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all my Christian friends. Happy Sunday to those who don't celebrate Easter!

This is the card that I made for my dad and Jim's mom. I don't think I normally make Easter cards, but I had time this year and it just happened. The crocus (I don't really know my flowers, but I'm pretty sure these are crocuses!) and sentiment are from a Gina K set. I colored them with Copics. I scored several lines on the bottom of this panel with my Martha Stewart scoring board. I embossed the background with another new (to me) Darice embossing folder. You're getting close to having seen them all! Edited to add: Yes, this folder is called Basketweave.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Doris said...

How appropriate to use a basket weave embossing folder. Happy Easter!

JUDI said...

HAPPY EASTER LYNETTE,
Your right, the flowers are crocuses
This is a very pretty card. I love the new background folder. Is it a basket weave folder? It looks like one I was thinking about buying.

Sandy said...

Love the way the background embossing sets off the image so well.
Wish you and all your family a blessed Easter!

Leslie Miller said...

Happy Easter, Lynette! Your crocuses are lovely with your coloring. I like the scored lines on the image panel. I ordered this folder, too!

Mary said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I have got to get to A C Moore soon so that I can pick up some of the Darcie folders. I meant to ask you, the doily folder does that fit a 4 1/2"x 5"card?

Happy Easter Lynette.

Mary

Colorado Crafter said...

Lovely card. I've been enjoying your EF parade over the last several posts. I seem to go on EF binges every now and then. I bought a bunch of Darice EFs online on a great sale a while back and I just bought a bunch at Hobby Lobby this week when I couldn't resist their 50% off sale. Now, I'd better use them! :) I do love dry embossing, though. It adds elegance to a card so easily.

bonnie32002 said...

Happy Easter Lynette. I too have been enjoying all of the new folders. I see a a couple I've looked at but didn't make the plunge for, so thanks for that! Lol!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such a pretty card. Crocus are neat flowers since they are one of the very first to pop through the ground even right through the snow.

Christina said...

Woww a gorgeous card Lynette! Love your work! So devine.
Hugs Kristel

Jeanette said...

This is beautiful!! I love everything about it Lynette!