Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Embossed Daisies


I got nine new embossing folders last week (actually thirteen - seven full size ones and two sets of three smaller ones) so expect to see several embossed cards coming up. :) I finally got a chance to use some of them yesterday.

These daisies are probably meant to be standing up, but I kind of liked them in this orientation. I used markers to color the stems and leaves and flower centers before I embossed them. I cut the embossed piece to normal card front size and layered it onto the card so that the embossing is not visible inside the card. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and the butterfly was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I added a couple light green gems and drew the antennae with a marker. EDITED TO ADD: All of my new folders are by Darice.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Lovely Lynette - I love daisies too - wondering who makes that embossing folder?
M-J

Danni said...

Yay for new embossing folders!! Love your card, just so pretty!!

Christina said...

Woww this is absolutely stunning Lynette! Love the delicate flowers!
Hugs Kristel

Jeanette said...

What fun! Beautiful card, and I like the daisies in that orientation too!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow love those daisies and the orientation of them!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, I LOVE this embossing folder! The flowers look fabulous on their sides like that. I didn't stop to think at first that maybe they were intended to be vertical, but they would be great either way. Love how you got a softness to the color by coloring the folder before embossing. I don't have good luck with brayering my folders, but I have some folders I might try this with. Oh, the inspiration! Thanks, Lynette!

Unknown said...

Lynette, I love this card and what you did with the orientation of the daisies. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Where do you get your folders, love the daisies:)

Unknown said...

Where do you get your folders, love the daisies:)

Unknown said...

I just purchased it at JoAnn's. It is a Darice foldeer and the name of it is Large Daisy. I love the card, but have not been successful in coloring the stems and leaves and having it come out onto the card. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Carole said...

I have this folder and you can also use a sponge applicator to ink around and over the leaves and flower after they are embossed. Using an ink blending technique adds color but it isn't as controlled as actually coloring in the leaves with a marker pen.