Monday, January 13, 2014

Hello Friend!

A little card to send along to a friend. 

The flower is from the Secret Garden set from Stampin' Up! I stamped it with Primrose Petals ink. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is stamped in SU!'s True Thyme. I sponged ink partway around the edge of my matting piece. After I even had the glue on, I decided to turn the mat around. I had initially planned to put the dark corner in the lower left. Not sure which way I like it best, but once I touched it to the paper, there was no turning back! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Shoshi said...

This is gorgeous, Lynette. Again, you are at your minimalist best - what I always love about your cards is the "less is more" philosophy. I love the colour combination with the addition of the soft green, and I agree with your decision to put the inked mat at the top, because it balances the flowers at the bottom. Nice work indeedy!

Thanks for another lovely comment on my blog - I was thrilled to be able to spend all that time in my new ARTHaven yesterday and achieve so much. Not sure I'll make it in there today though as I am extremely exhausted today and have to drum up some energy from somewhere to do the ironing!!

Have a great week.
Shoshi

Patti J said...

Wow! What a beauty...you always do such a gorgeous CAS card! Love it, Lynette :-)

Sandy said...

Very nice one Lynette, love you idea of sponging around the matting piece!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love this card! Great how you sponged the edge of the layer and it looks like you popped the layer with the matted design.

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, this is very pretty, Lynette! I really love the way you partially sponged the mat. I don't have Primrose Petals ink. It sure looks nice on your flowers!