Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Birthday, Terri!

A birthday card for a friend. Happy Birthday, Terri!

I cut the poppies and the background out with Spellbinders dies. (I struggled and struggled with the Poppy one. Anyone else have problems??? I ended up having to cut a lot of the center portion with a scissors. I am not happy about that! I tried again and again, and I really don't think I'll be able to use the die.) I glued the poppy piece right on the labels 27 one and then mounted that panel on foam squares. The patterned paper is from a stack I got at Archiver's from Pebbles. The sentiment is from The Paper Company.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Funny you should post this today - that is your problem with the poppy die cut - got some similar ones in Australia this past fall - tried several times to put through my CB- even tried brand new plates -with no success - so in desperation pulled out my grand caliber which I got for a real deal about 2 years ago - and all the dies I have been having trouble with - went through the GC clean cuts - all of them - part of me feels happy that it worked so well but I am also sad my CB won't do the job

lindagrady said...

I also rarely have issues when using the Grand Calibur. If problems tho, putting waxed paper between die and paper usually does the trick. If your plates are worn, you can also run the die thru placing it on the sides.

Leslie Miller said...

You persevered through your troubles and produced a beautiful card. I've only recently started having minor issues with some of my more detailed dies, so I have to wonder if my cutting plate (Grand Calibur) is getting too worn or warped. I try to alternate sides and placement of the dies on the plate and I've read of sending the die through forwards, backwards, and sideways to get a good cut. Wax paper makes it pop out easily, but then I have to pick the wax paper out of the die. I guess that's the price we pay in effort to get these beautifully detailed die cuts. Or maybe I just need a new cutting plate.