Thursday, January 9, 2014

Birthday Flowers

Finally - I had the time and the mojo to make a couple cards! A little pressure of the upcoming birthdays may have helped, too:) At any rate, I made three cards last night. You'll get to see two of them. (One really isn't very blog-worthy.)

I stamped the background with a stamp from a Hero Arts set with Memento London Fog ink. Then I stamped the flowers (from Penny Black) with Versafine Black Onyx. I colored them with some watercolor pencils and then used my Aquabrush. I matted with some Stampin' Up! cardstock - Riding Hood Red, I believe. I added some black "gems" in the flower centers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Very pretty Lynette,
I really do like the way the "words" background stamp to sets off the flowers. I've seen this a couple of times recently and it is definitely something I'm going to be trying.

Danni said...

What a pretty card!! Very nice!

Chookarooni said...

Great card Lynette - hope you and yours are well!

Leslie Miller said...

I like the way you stamped and colored directly on the word background. The lettering hardly even shows through, but just enough to make it interesting. Very pretty! I'm glad you got some crafty time, finally!