Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Blue Birthday



This is the card I made for my mother-in-law for her birthday. She will be 96 tomorrow! I had chosen a different card, but my husband wanted something with a bigger sentiment, so he helped me choose what to use.

The sentiment is a large wooden stamp, and I can't read the label to tell who it's made by. I stamped it with Pacific Point ink and added Star Dust Stickles to it. I scored a double line all around it. I punched a circle out of Pacific Point for the flower center. I added Stickles to that, too. I also used the Pacific Point to mat the sentiment panel. The patterned paper is from a Recollections matstack.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Joanne said...

How sweet that he helped you choose! At her age, she sure won't miss the sentiment on this beautiful card! Hope she has a wonderful birthday!

bonnie32002 said...

Between you and your husband, you both designed a great card that she will be able to see! I love the addition of the sticklers. I bet in real life, it makes this card shine!

Sheri said...

I am sure she will love it. WOW! Please extend our wishes for a wonderful day. Also, I think it is wonderful that Jim helped you pick the stamp.

Jeanette said...

I love that big sentiment! Beautiful card!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow what a great sentiment for Jim's mom - I'm sure she'll appreciate your card.

Leslie Miller said...

These are such pretty colors, and I'm thinking she should be able to see this bold and beautiful sentiment from across the room! Love the sparkle!