Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

This is the Halloween card I made for our granddaughter. Three of the boys got cards that were already made and in my "stash!" (My stash is much diminished now, as I picked out 65 cards to donate to our church to sell at the annual Lutefisk Dinner and also to have in the Library for sale.)

The main image is from a Recollections set and I colored her with Copic markers and added black Stickles to the pumpkin's face. I matted with a velvety black cut with a Nestability. The patterned paper is from Recollections, also. The sentiment is from an old Studio G dollar set.
This is the other card I had to make this week. It's for the grandson that I take care of every day. The patterned paper - with the spider on it - is from Recollections. I added black Stickles to the spider. The ghosts are a stamp from Recollections. I stamped them, cut them out, mounted them on foam squares, and added Star Dust Stickles to them. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado.

Happy Halloween to all! (I'm not really fond of Halloween, myself!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute card Lynette.
I'm with you I think that Halloween has really got out of hand. It use to just be a fun time for kids play dress-up. But like everything else it has become commercialized and its lost all the true meaning (All Hallows Eve). I know I'm sounding like an old "fuddy duddy" now. LOL

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great Halloween cards!!! I need to go through some of my cards and decide what to do with some of them.

Leslie Miller said...

Good heavens, you had a lot of cards in your stash! I have about an nth of that. Guess I need to stamp them if I'm going to stash them, huh? These are great for kids' Halloween cards. I loved Halloween when I was a kid, and now I love how much the kids love it. I also think the cards are a lot of fun. We don't get many trick or treaters at our house, but we had about 200 or so at work. It was a pretty fun day!