Thursday, April 18, 2013

My First Christmas Card for 2013! - and some news, too

Finally I made a Christmas card for this year! Last year at this time I must have had about 20 of them finished. Oh well - I have time:) Some day I'll start on my calendars, too, but not today. If I start cranking out the Christmas cards, maybe I'll start up my "Christmas Sunday" again.

Anyway, back to this card. I've had this piece of textured off-white cardstock with the glittery strip on it in my "Card Parts" pile for quite a while. I'm pretty certain I used a piece of Scor-Tape and sprinkled it with red glitter. I finally decided to use it. The sentiment stamp and the mistletoe stamp are both from a set from Stampin' Up! called Christmas Blessings. I colored the leaves with a Memento marker and the berries with a white Tim Holtz marker. I matted with Real Red cardstock. This card is also for the Christmas Card Challenge blog. There is always a specific challenge, but the overall challenge is just to make a Christmas card.

An update on my mom. Her PET scan showed that the surgeon was not able to remove all of her cancer. She will be starting six weeks of radiation today. Any prayers for her would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

And some great news - we will not only be getting a new grandson at the end of May - we'll be getting a new grandchild in October, too! Pretty exciting!

And this is in response to Celia's question on this card. Yes, I use Goo Gone as a substitute for Gamsol, which I do not have. I have heard that you can use baby oil, also, but I have never tried that.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Pretty card! So sorry to hear about your mom. At least radiation is not as brutal as chemo. Prayers for her. Congrats on 2 new babies. How fun! What a great Christmas you will have this year. So much snuggle time!

Patti J said...

I love when you start making Christmas Cards - you are so creative! Beautiful card, Lynette! So sorry to hear the news about your mom. I'll continue to pray for her, and for you, as it's tough being the caregiver. Congratulations on TWO new additions to the family! I'm a wee bit (okay a LOT) jealous! What fun for you!!! Oh, and what I use for coloring with pencils is just cheap low odor mineral spirits. You can get it at any dept. or hardware store. It lasts forever! I pour some out into a small diced pimento jar, and only have to refill every few months. Hugs...

Chookarooni said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom - prayers are with her and your family!
Thanks for the list of supplies - you answered a question I had about Tim Holtz white marker - looks fairly opaque - was unable to find opague Faber Castell marker locally -
Mary-Jane

Leslie Miller said...

You've been so busy I'm not surprised you haven't had time to start your Christmas cards. If I know you, you'll catch up, though. This one is lovely. You're so good about using your card parts. Hoping for good results from your Mom's radiation. I'm sorry to hear her battle continues.

Danni said...

Fabulous card!

Will be thinking of your mom. Hugs!

Congrats on the new grandbaby news!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of your calendars. . . I LOVE mine that I won last year. Thanks for sharing!!! Love and prayers to your mom!! Thank you for explaining "goo gone". I was going to ask the very same thing. We "love" goo gone but never heard of using it for stamping ideas:-)
Exciting about another grandchild.
Gloria

Rushd Lady said...

I was told not to use Gamsol as I have asthma, so I would like to try your suggestion of Goo Gone! I think I have some! Some people must have lots of time on their hands to get Christmas cards done early! Unless you are doing it to send in to a magazine for publications. Congrats on the grandbaby and sorry to hear about your mother. Blessings!