Thursday, March 14, 2013

Best Blossoms Anniversary

An anniversary card for friends.

The frame was cut with my Cameo Silhouette - one of the few things I've cut with it. Hopefully I'll spend more time with it some time soon! I cut an oval to put under it and stamped the flowers on it. (They are from a Stampin' Up! set called Best Blossoms.) Then I stamped the sentiment, from My Sentiments Exactly. After stamping, I sponged the entire panel with SU! Soft Sky ink. I added a row of black gems under the sentiment for a little more balance. I matted with a layer of Soft Sky cardstock and a layer of black. It feels good to be doing some stamping again. I'm entering this into the Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge, which is to use sponging. I suppose my sponging should be a bit more prominent, but I made the card first and then saw the challenge:)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

What a gorgeous card! Congrats on using your Cameo!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very nice card, Lynette! Great piece you cut with your Cameo Silhouette and those flowers are just so pretty.

Wanda said...

Such a pretty card. TFS

Mary Cardini-Anderson said...

Your card is beautiful Lynette. I like the cut out from your silhouette machine.

Mary

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Lynette. I love the flowers. I use my Silhouette alot. It has renewed my interest in stamping FINALLY. Hope you get to use yours more.

Cheri said...

Hello, Lynette!!!! Love your card and you did a great job with your Silhouette! I haven't broken mine out of the box yet and I've had it for months. So happy to see you back over at The House That Stamps Built.