Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday #225 - Open

Today starts a new challenge from Danni on her Flutter By Wednesday blog. This week's challenge is open - you simply need to include a butterfly or fairy on your creation and link it up to the blog. While you're there, why don't you check out the design team members' blogs?

I still have very limited time for creating. I took a little while on Monday night to work on this card. It's hard to tell, but I paper-pieced the butterfly out of patterned orange paper. I adhered it to a light blue and cream paper that looked kind of like clouds to me. I have already forgotten what company made the stamps - sorry! I matted with black, mounted on foam squares and added bling to the corners. I matted the bottom layer with black, also.

My mom had her surgery yesterday. They are hopeful that they removed all the cancer. Last I talked to my sister, my mom was in her room eating ice chips. I'll update you all once I hear more. Thanks so much for all of your prayers!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

JUDI said...

LYNETTE, I love the card..I love the butterfly and the colors you used.
Glad to hear about your MOM I pray all goes well with her speedy recovery.
With LOve Judi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for the good news about your mom - keep us posted.
Gloria

Sheri said...

Never would have guessed this was paper pieced. Very pretty! Glad it is over for your mom - today will be a better day for her

Kathy said...

So pretty. Love the pieced butterfly in orange.

jan farnworth said...

love the butterfly perfect.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Lynette, the butterfly is just gorgeous...so glad your Mums surgery is behind her, and praying for her speedy recovery..will say one for you too, to be strong and positive for Mum..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Denice said...

What a wonderful butterfly, set perfectly on this card!
Prayers for your mother.
:Dxx