Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #211 - A Sketch

Today's Flutter By Wednesday challenge is another sketch by Kathy. Take a look:) What a great sketch - thanks, Kathy! Also, thanks to everyone who joined us last week. I hope we'll have even more participants this week! Please visit the blog for details.

The sketch reminded me of an embossing folder that I have, so I started there. It's from Quickutz. I embossed white cardstock and matted with Pale Plum from Stampin' Up. I added the sheer ribbon before adhering the matting. The butterfly, from Hampton Art, was first stamped on Pale Plum with Perfect Plum ink and cut out. I colored the body with a black marker. Then I stamped the image again with black on white cardstock, added the sentiment, from The Paper Company, and cut them out with a Circle Nestability. I glued the plum butterfly over the black-stamped one, leaving the wings free. The scalloped matting was also cut using a Nestability, again from Pale Plum. I mounted the circle on foam squares. I really wanted to add Stickles to the butterfly, but I was worried it would make the ink bleed.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

Love the embossed background Lynette and gorgeous butterfly..love the ribbon and bow too, soo pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Joey said...

Lynette I love the elegance of this card, the embossing looks fantastic. Joeyx

Sheri said...

So very pretty. I love the softness of this card and that embossing folder is really cool

Sandy said...

Love this card Lynette. I need a card to send to a friend and a casing of this one would be perfect. Thanks again for you inspiration.

DanaBee said...

Oh my your card is very pretty I must try the sketch!

Shoshi said...

Oooh that's gorgeous Lynette! I love the embossed background and that fabulous ribbon which really sets the whole thing off. Can a girl ever have enough butterflies I wonder?

Thank you for another great comment on my blog! You are so kind - and I think you must be my greatest fan lol!! I was a bit nervous starting that page because I'd never painted anything so ambitious before and was fully prepared for a disaster to ruin my new art journal!

Shoshi

jan farnworth said...

very pretty butterfly card love the embossed background.

Jenée said...

Lynette, I really like the way you use embossing for your background. It is a lovely "twist" to the sketch, and it always makes cards look so elegant and lovely. Beautifully done!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

My kind of card! Love the butterfly the way you did it and the color is gorgeous!

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! It has a softness to it that just makes it irresistible!

Libby said...

What a beautiful card! Love it!

Kathy said...

Just gorgeous! I have that e/f too and forgot about it. It is total perfection with this sketch. Fabulous take on the sketch. Love the crisp look of the plum and white.

Denice said...

This is wonderful Lynette, what a great take on Kathy's sketch. I love how you used the embossing folder...I wish I could perfect this technique as well as you!
:Dxx

Annie said...

Wow, these are great cards, wish I'd seen the stickers when we were down there.
Thanks for showing us how to make stickers look fantastic!

Mary said...

What a lovely birthday card.I love the softclors that you usd.

Mary

Barbara said...

Lynette, this is so pretty! I have so many embossing folders and this is a great suggestion for using them. As always, thanks for CAS inspiration!