Thursday, August 23, 2012

Same Image - Two Black and White Cards

This cute bicycle with flowers image was also from my stamping group friend, Annie. She embossed the image with white after stamping on black. I matted both with red cardstock. For this first one, I used a couple scraps of patterned paper from a The Paper Studio black and white matstack, which I matted with black. I mounted the image on foam squares. The butterfly was in a bag of bows and butterflies from another stamping group member, Andrea. Thanks, Andrea!
For this second one, I used a larger piece of black to mat the other layers with. I added a sentiment in white (from Papertrey Ink) and a sparkly black flower with a white brad center. The patterned paper is from the same matstack as the first card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! There is something about black and white that is so sharp!
gloria

JUDI GOBELI said...

I love the use of black and white, it is so crisp and clean looking. Matting the bicycle with the white, black and red really makes it stand out. Nice work. With Love Judi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love both of the cards. That bicycle is just such a neat image and I love the pop of red.