Saturday, July 28, 2012

My "Usual" Bridal Shower Card


The two daughters of some friends of ours are getting married in September and October. They are having a combined bridal shower today and I needed a couple quick cards for them. I thought that I would just make cards similar to a couple I've made in the past. I started with wedding stickers from Mary Engelbreit. I used Nestabilities to cut mats from white and shimmery silver and mounted them on foam squares. I stamped the "happy day" (from Papertrey Ink) on the white layer and then embossed with a Swiss Dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I matted that layer with the shimmery silver and used a white card base. I am finished posting the cards I made about a month ago and have to start making more if I am going to be sharing new things with you all:) I do have my Repeat Impressions cards done through the end of the month of August, though. All my other birthday and anniversary cards, too. That's a good feeling! You will be seeing them on Mondays and Wednesdays. There are some great challenges coming up!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Lynette, I love them. I have never seen those adorable stickers before. Great cards! Even though you didn't stamp much, they took a great deal of time with all of the fussy work you did.

Patti J said...

What beautiful cards! Love these stickers - they make a striking image on your beautiful creation!

Anonymous said...

I have a bridal shower Wednesday night. Wish I had those stickers. Very cute card.
Gloria

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I've never seen Mary Engelbreit stickers. The ones you used are so cute! Love the cards.

Shoshi said...

Love these, Lynette! I always love your embossed backgrounds, really setting off the beautiful topper.

Thanks for your lovely comment - glad you managed to get to the end of the mega-long post lol! Putting in all the detail is as much for my own benefit as anybody else's in case I want to refer back in future.

Shoshi