Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day ... and Two Grandkids' Valentines

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I got two grandkids' valentines done and in the mail. The third one I have to make today. This first one is for our granddaughter. I paper-pieced the bunny (from Sandylion) with Die Cuts With a View paper. I added a punched border (with a Martha Stewart punch) and put a strip of white cardstock under it so it would show up better. The pink heart is cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die and the tiny hearts are done with the same MS border punch as the pink, but I cut some purple ones, too. The sentiment is from a Fiskars set. I mounted the heart on Dimensionals. I'm linking this to this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge, which is to use paper-piecing. 

This second one is for our older grandson, who is three. The stamps are all from a Fiskars set. I paper-pieced the turtle with sparkly cardstock and colored the hearts with a Sharpie marker. I added Diamond Glaze to the hearts above his head. I stamped and colored the background hearts.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Love your Valentine's Day cards...my favorite is that little turtle!

Happy Valentine's Day to you my friend...hope you have some sweet time with the sweetie!

Anonymous said...

What great cards for the grandchildren!!!n They will love them.
Gloria

Debbie said...

both are very cute, I especially love the paper pieced one. Happy Valentines day!

Shoshi said...

Aww Lynette - thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!! And yes, he did love it lol!!

I adore your sweet little turtle - how could anyone resist that cute little smile on his face and all those hearts?

Hugs,
Shoshi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such cute Valentine cards!

Whimsey said...

Oh my - LOVIN' those scattered hearts - very cute!

Lisa Lara said...

These two cards are just too cute Lynette. I love your paper pieced bunny. Love him. Your turtle is so darn cute with the hearts on his shell. Love him. Happy Valentines gf.

Char said...

What cute cards!!! Love the plaid bunny ;-)