Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Christmas Sunday"

I wasn't sure I'd have any new Christmas cards to share with you today, but I managed to make a couple last night. This first one uses Inkadinkado stamps. I stamped the circular image with Versamark on white and embossed with gold embossing powder, then I cut out the center. I matted with red then stamped and embossed the sentiment in the center. I used a border Cuttlebug folder for the sides and matted that panel with shimmery gold paper. I added tiny red gems to the ends of the "spokes."
I used this week's Fall-To Layout for this card. (You can find it here.) The blue cardstock is Baja Breeze from Stampin' Up! I embossed it with a Swiss Dots folder. I matted with silver shimmery paper. The snowflakes are from Stampin' Up! from a few years ago. The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions and is embossed with silver.


EDITED TO ADD: I just this morning found a new blog with a weekly challenge to make Christmas cards. How appropriate! Here is a link to it: Weekly Christmas Card Challenges.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

17 comments:

Sheri said...

Nice cards - I like the embossing on the first one. I love the colors of the second one and the snowflakes are very pretty

StephC said...

Beautiful cards! Both of them have fabulous details. So glad you found us! We hope you'll play along with us again at the CCC blog!

Chookarooni said...

Both beautiful but very different - am trying to use my border embossing folders more too~

Kris Chirhart said...

These are both just gorgeous, Lynette!! The gold embossing on the medallion is just amazing!! Glad you found the weekly Christmas card challenge... sounds perfect for you! I have a friend who is also doing it. You will be set when Christmas comes!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards, especially love what you did with the medallion, it looks like it was tricky to cut out the centre??? you did a lovely job of it, love it!! Annie

Shoshi said...

Those are gorgeous, as usual, Lynette! Very different and unusual, and striking. In the midst of so many cards received at Christmas, these are sure to stand out.

Thanks for your comment on my blog! With a bit of patience I am getting there with Sheba. I am glad I put the effort into making the samples and filing them away as a reference. It will save time later. There's still a lot to learn, and Shoshi always wants to run before she can walk lol! I am working on the first of a series of Celtic knot designs at the moment, which I want eventually to emboss in metal for box lids, jewellery, etc. It is complicated, and will be a lot of work, probably involving embossing on both sides! Nothing like a challenge!!

Hugs,
Shoshi

Harriet Skelly said...

Both cards are really beautiful Lynette!

Anonymous said...

Love them both, especially the second one!
gloria

Dawn B. said...

These are wonderful.. I need to do this too. I did it last year and it saved so much stress for the holidays. Great job.

Joanne said...

All I can say is TOTAL ELEGANCE! Wow!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both are very nice but the first one really grabs me. Very elegant.

RiNNE said...

Such amazing and stunning cards! Love your embossing! Glad you found us! Thanks for joining in at CCC, and hope to see more of ya!

Marge said...

I'm with Vicki on these -- both very nice, but that first one -- WOW -- LOVE it! Almost makes me want to make another Christmas card! LOL, but too soon for me! Besides, just finished a going-away gift that consists of 12 Halloween wine charms. It's messing with my psyche doing Halloween in January -- Hee!

Ardyth said...

Christmas Sunday - I love it! I think I may try it too, otherwise I end up with Christmas November - and completely stressed out! Love both cards!

Leslie said...

Both lovely cards - Love the snowflake one!!

Margo said...

Your cards are very elegant!
Thanks for joining Christmas Card Challenges Week #9 !

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.