Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two Cards - Same Stamps

 I have two cards to share with you today. They use the same stamps and technique. I will have another later using the same stamps.  I just have to wait to post it until it has been received.  (Yep, it's for you, Vicki:) )


I tried something new.  I've never seen it done before, but I'm sure it has been.  I inked up my stamp (a new set from Gina K.  I splurged and bought a three sets and got one set free, plus a couple bonus stamps.  Yippee!) with Versamark, then used markers to color the flower center and leaves. Then I brayered over it with Almost Amethyst ink from Stampin' Up! I matted with white cardstock and also Old Olive. For the sentiment, I used a piece that I cut off from the main image. I stamped with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. The sentiment is mounted on Dimensionals.
For this second card, I used the same technique. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark before brayering, though. The white stripe down the left side is cardstock. I matted with Old Olive again.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Both of them are very pretty. Love the stamp set. Can't wait to hear which 3 you got and what ones you got for free. What a great deal you found!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that done before - they look GREAT!
gloria

Dawn B. said...

I have never seen this either and LOVE it. Thanks so much for always leaving me some love on my blog...

Shoshi said...

Lynette, those are both very pretty cards. It's amazing, isn't it, what a different look you can achieve from using the same stamp in different ways.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

These two cards are lovely! Now you have me curious about one that will arrive here. :) Can't wait to see it!

Danni said...

Beautiful! I always like seeing cards made with the same set but oh so different!

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful Lynette! Wow!

Anonymous said...

SO Pretty, my favorite is the 1st one, but love this technique. Cannot wait to try it out!
Linda