Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary to The House That Stamps Built!


Today is a special day at Repeat Impressions.  Today, the blog, The House That Stamps Built, celebrates its first anniversary!  We are having a “Blogaversary” party for this special occasion.

All the Repeat Impressions Rock Stars have created cards commemorating the event, and we’re asking our readers to help us!  Just create a card that celebrates, congratulates or simply wishes a Happy Anniversary.  You can participate in two ways:
1)  You can “hop” your way around to each of the Rock Stars’ blogs and leave a comment on each blog (including the Repeat Impressions blog – don’t forget that one!) and you will be entered in the random drawing for a Repeat Impressions gift certificate.
2)  Follow all the rules above, plus create a card to celebrate our Blogaversary and link it to the RI Blogaversary Hop post.  By uploading a card, you will earn three entries into the drawing!  You don’t have to use RI stamps, but we’d love you to use them if you have them!

Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and be sure to leave a comment.  Cards and comments will be accepted until Wednesday, March 16th.  The winner will be announced on March 18.  One lucky stamper will win a $35 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!  Here is a link to the other RI Design Team members’ blogs:

For my card, I used the 904-L, Daffodils stamp, found on this page.  I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and Goo-Gone.  I cut it and embossed it with an oval Nestability.  I sponged yellow inside the oval before removing it.  It was still lacking something, so I added the dashed lines around the edge of the Nestability.  The butterfly (107-F Monarch Butterfly) is from RI, also.  You can find it here.  I colored it with Copics, then I cut it out. I stamped it on the edge of the daffodil panel also and mounted the oval layer on foam squares.  I used large scalloped Oval Nestabilities for the matting.  The paper is from My Mind’s Eye.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions, also, of course!  (The greens actually match in real life!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

22 comments:

Heidi said...

What a springy, cheery card! Love it.

Unknown said...

Such a bright & cheerful anniversary card! Very elegant and beautiful!

Sheri said...

Boy that is a pretty card. I am seeing Harriet's influence lately with your beautiful butterflies.

Whimsey said...

What a pretty card; love the butterfly and the hint of green from behind the image; beautifully created!

Ayana Posadas said...

So pretty! I love that image, Lynette. Your card looks fantastic. And I love that pretty butterfly too!

Kimberly S. said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love how spring-y and cheerful it looks!! And I love how the butterfly adds an extra special touch!! GREAT job!!!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the spring colors.

joy said...

Lovely spring card! You've done a beautiful job of coloring.

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful card! Fabulous coloring and I love the butterfly!! Congratulations to all of you on your 1st blogaversary!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's a beautiful card, Lynette!

Danni said...

Simply beautiful!!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a beautiful spring card - I love the layout!

Unknown said...

This is perfect Lynette!! I love the beautiful colors and image you used! Fabulous card!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely spring card, Lynette! Wonderful job on the coloring and that butterfly really gives the card an added punch! Thank you for all you do and for helping to make the Repeat Impressions blog a success!

Lagene said...

Lovely spring daffodil card!

Pam said...

This is beautiful! Love the flower & butterfly!

Barbara Colbert said...

Lovely spring card....and very nicely colored and done!

Anonymous said...

The butterfly looks like it can fly!

Babe O'Mara said...

I absolutely love this card. My favorite colors, and your details are perfect. Great job.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

mdog said...

Wow! love the coloring on the dafodils. The butterfly fits right in there!

Karen Hasheck said...

Fun celebration card! Great job on the blogaversary hop! I just wanted to drop by and share a comment before leaving for two weeks on vacation.

cebelica said...

So pretty! I love the bright colours. That butterfly is lovely too. I really like this card a lot!