Friday, February 25, 2011

My First Letterpress Card

The Design Team members of Creating Memories in Time received Letterpresses from Lifestyle Crafts.  I'm so excited!!  I've been waiting for mine since I saw it demonstrated at CHA and was told I'd be getting one.  It came yesterday.  However, I'm now babysitting our newest grandson, and don't have as much crafting time as I used to!  (It's wonderful, though - I love it!)

Anyway, I took a few minutes last night and made this card.  What the Letterpress does is to "de-boss" the design and put the ink in the debossed area.  It's great for mass production, too, as you place the design pieces (the "plates") where you want them and stick them in place.  Then you add the ink and run it through your die cutting/embossing machine.  (I'm using my BIGkick.)  I know that's not much explanation, but I'm hurriedly doing this post.  I hope to have something more to share with you tomorrow.  For now, this will have to do.  The flowers and the sentiment are both done with the Letterpress.  I added the ribbon and the matting, which is from Papertrey Ink.  I just used regular cardstock, but the starter kit comes with thicker, plusher paper.  I was just kind of experimenting quickly.  You can find the Starter Kit in the Creating Everlasting Memories eBay store, here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I never really understood what letterpress was...now I think I get it. Thanks for the explination.

Love you CAS design. The pink and black make a big impact.

Sheri said...

Interesting. I have looked at them at Hobby Lobby but decided I needed nothing else for now. Pretty card

Marge said...

Cute card, Lynette! Can't wait to see what other creations you come up with!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Lynette...I so love your cards. This one is amazing. I love the pink and black. I just love that stamp. Cool.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

These make nice CAS cards. I made my first one today. New toys are always fun.

Nora B. Peevy said...

Hi,

I dabble in scrapbooking a bit myself. I have the ribbon you used in your card, only mine has the green and purple dots with it.

I have a friend who is a crazy scrapper who would like this blog. I will pass on the link to her.

I am a writer. I write fantasy and horror.

Come visit my blog!

-Nora
http://norabpeevy.blogspot.com/

Leslie Miller said...

Very cool concept! I love the card!