Thursday, January 6, 2011

Two Brayered Cards

I have two cards to share with you today - because I don't like to waste any "card parts!"  I had a couple friends (that I have met through my blog) that wanted to see how I did brayering.  I finally got around to doing the video for them.  I had to do it twice, and I decided to use both pieces and make them into cards.  (I am NOT an expert - far from it!!!  However, if you would like to see my video, you can find it here.  Also, a couple people asked about the Daisy Edgeabilities video, too, so here it is.  Neither video was made for "the public" - just for three people - but I'm willing to embarrass myself and share them!)

The background for this first card was made by me a couple years ago.  I learned it on-line, but I can not tell you where I found it.  It is not my idea.  I used More Mustard cardstock, rubbed a white dye ink pad on it, then used a Close to Cocoa ink pad and dragged an edge on it.  It was really VERY simple and I was amazed at how easy it was and how well it turned out.  I matted with Always Artichoke cardstock.  The stamps are both from Technique Tuesday.

This second card is almost identical to a sympathy card I made a short while ago.  The embossing folder is by Quickutz and the matting is Buckaroo Blue.  I used the same stamps as the first card - by Technique Tuesday.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Thanks.
gloria

Sheri said...

Very pretty - both of them!

Sue said...

I came upon your brayering video (started out at Susan's Simplicity page), and I'm so glad I did! I've tried brayering, and just couldn't do it. It makes such a difference SEEING you do it! I'll try it again, and feel a good bit more confident this time. Thanks sooo much for sharing your talents!

Dawn B. said...

This is terrific.. Way to go on the videos.. I am so bad at brayering. I have tried it many times. We have a love hate relationship. I love it, it hates me..hehe. Beautiful cards..

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nice job brayering. I especially like that second card!

Barbara said...

Both are so gorgeous! My friend Peggy (The Wired Angel) taught me brayering and it is such a beautiful technique. Your video and Peggy really helped to release the "secrets" of effective brayering. TFS.

Mary said...

Both cards ar stunning! I love the brayer look and really ought to use it. Thanks for the turorial I will go and look at it tonight. Love your cards Lynette.

Mary

Shoshi said...

Beautiful cards, both of them, Lynette! Well done. I couldn't view the video - it told me it was private.

Colorado Crafter said...

Lovely cards!! I watched your brayering video, but couldn't get the Daisy Edgeabilities video to play. I bought a brayer a while back but haven't tried it yet... guess I should do that!