Monday, October 25, 2010

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Rocking Horse

Another Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions!  After all, it IS Monday! This week's stamp, available for 50% off through next Sunday, is called Rocking Horse and you can find it here.  Just visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details.  Also check out the other Rock Stars' creations.

I stamped my horse on the red dotted paper and again on the green plaid.  I cut out the pieces I wanted.  I mounted the horse on a white square on which I had made a dotted border.  I used Nestabilities to cut the plain and scalloped circles.  I actually cut a piece of white the same size as the card front and added my layers to that.  I wanted to add ribbon and I didn't want it to show on the inside, nor did I want to cut the edges off.  (I have done that in the past, though, and I'm sure I'll do it again.)  The sentiment is also from Repeat Impressions.  The horse panel is matted with black and is mounted on Dimensionals.


Did you recognize the sketch?  It's the current WHAT IF? Wednesday sketch.  You still have eight more days (until Tuesday, November 2 at 5:00 p.m.  EST) to make your card using this sketch, upload, and link to the challenge found here.  Have fun with that!

In response to Barb's comment yesterday - I used a Cuttlebug folder, Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla cardstock, and my BIGkick for the embossing.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

16 comments:

Sheri said...

oh so cute. You can use that for the babies first Christmas!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the paper piecing on the rocking horse....perfect to show off the image! And HOW LONG did it take you to match up the plaid on the BG and the inside circle SO PERFECTLY!!! No wonder you are such a creative designer!!!!
Joanne

Ayana Posadas said...

So pretty! I love how you used the festive pattern paper and added polka-dots to the little horse. Very cute! Oh and I like how you incorporated the current RI sketch. Great Work! :)

Christina said...

A wonderful card Lynette! Looks so traditional! Lovely!
Hugs Kristel

Suzie said...

So sweet, Lynette. I love how you stamped the rocking horse on patterned papers. Just so fun!

Suzie said...

So sweet, Lynette. I love how you stamped the rocking horse on patterned papers. Just so fun!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, I love a rocking horse, and this one with the paper piecing is darling!

Kris Turner said...

Very cute card. Love the polka dots and plaid combo. It's a very "happy" card! TFS
Kris, Wadsworth, OH

Whimsey said...

What a great card; love the paper piecing and way to rock that sketch again! Amazing work!

Lisa Lara said...

I just love your paper piecing here Lynette. Just love it. Congratulations on being FEATURED STAMPER. Allright....no surprise here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is just adorable - I love the paper piecing - especially the plaid. I agree with Sheri - this would be a great first Christmas card!

Michele Boyer said...

This is so sweet, Lynette! I adore the paper-piecing!

Dana Joy said...

Oh Lynette. I love the Christmas feel of this card.

Mary said...

Your Christmas card is so adorable. Will you be giving it to one of your children or grandchildren? I love that you paper pieced the rocking horse. Love the plaid paper that you used. :)

Mary

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my the paper piecing is so fun and festive! Love this!

Darsie Bruno said...

love the paper piecing, Lynette! I always enjoy your creations!
Hugs, Darsie