Thursday, August 19, 2010

Two Anniversary Cards

Here are two anniversary cards I made on Monday.  They are quite similar, so you get them at the same time:)


On both cards, I used my JustRite Stamper for the sentiment. I punched a hole in some scratch paper to make a mask for stamping the rose.  I colored the rose stamp (from Inkadinkado) with markers and stamped it in the sentiment using the mask.  I used a white gel pen on the scalloped circle mat.  For this first card, I embossed the background with my Swiss Dots folder.  
I did the main image the same for this card, except for no dots on the scallops.  For the background, I brayered Versamark on the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder before embossing, then I used Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder on it.  I added matting and a ribbon.  Here is a different angle so you can see the sparkle a little bit better.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Suzie said...

Beautiful anniversary cards, Lynette!!! Love the shimmer you put on the second version, too!

Hugs and Happy Day!
Suzie

Sheri said...

Both are so pretty. The shine really makes them stand out.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I need to do the VersaMark and embossing powder. That's a great folder to use for that technique. Both are very pretty.

Ayana Posadas said...

I love these cards!
They both have the same layout, however the embossing makes them look so unique and different from each other. I love them both! :)

Mary said...

Both cards are very pretty, I love the simple elegance. :)

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

So pretty with the sparkle in the debossed areas on your second card. What a neat idea! It's very special that you're able to make such personalized cards. The care you've given each will be appreciated.

Cheryl W. said...

These cards are sooooo lovely, Lynette! I am sure whoever receives them will treasure them.

Joan said...

Love your cards I especially like the one with the swirls and glitter look. Very new so don't know what Versamark is. Is it clear ink? Then you used embossing powder? Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.