Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flower-y Thinking of You

This is the card I sent to a friend.  She got rear-ended by a semi a week ago, rolled over a few times, and amazingly had no broken bones - "just" various abrasions, bad bruises, stiff neck, etc.  How terrifying, especially after seeing pictures of her Jeep!  Lucy, I hope you are continuing to improve and that there are no lasting effects.


The patterned paper I used (for the background and the flowers) are from my "blog candy" from last week.  I used a Fiskars punch for the flowers, an EK Success punch for the plain square and a Martha Stewart punch for the scalloped square.  (You'll be seeing them again tomorrow.)  I wish you could see the sparkles in the bottom layer.  The sentiment is from Verve.  The flower centers are stickers that I got at Michael's.  I think they will come in real handy:)


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty and cheery! Love that BG paper! Congrats on the blog candy!

Sheri said...

Very pretty and Robin is right, it is very cheery. I am sorry to hear about your friend - how scary.

Irene said...

Hello Lynette

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, and hope by now she is feeling better.

What a fabulous card to send to her it's gorgeous. I love the paper and those little flowers are perfect.

luv
irene
xxxx

sarah said...

wow thats so lucky the card is a lovely thought xx

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a terrible reason to have to send a card to a friend. She is very lucky! The card should really help cheer her up.

Lucy said...

As the recipeint of this card, I want to tell you that Lynette's picture doesn't do it justice. It is so sparkly and pretty and is the BEST card ever!! It certainly did brighten my day and brought a smile to my face.

For those of you expressing concern in your comments in regard to my accident and recovery, thank you. I'm healing both emotionally and physically. Lynette's card just made it all a little bit easier :-)