Friday, May 14, 2010

SplitCoastStampers Clean and Simple Challenge - Birthday (and Misc.)

Just a very simple birthday card for today.  I made this for the Clean and Simple Challenge #66 on SplitCoastStampers on Monday.  It was a sketch, and you can find the challenge here.

The papers are all from a We R Memory Keepers pack from Archiver's from a couple years ago. The stamps are all from Papertrey sets - Birthday Basics and Around and About Sentiments.  I punched the flower with a Paper Shapers punch.  The circle was cut with a Nestability.



I've been thinking I never did share pictures of our kitchen, once it got (almost!) done.  We still have to paint (I will cover up all those hours and hours of stenciling I did over the cabinets!) and we still need to do the trim around the window.  But, the rest has been done for a while now.  I should have taken a picture of it with the under-the-counter lights ON though, since that was part of what took so long!  There is lighting under all the cabinets, even the one to the right of the stove.  The backsplash is textured wallpaper painted with a metallic paint.  That was the last part of the project.  The cabinets were refaced over 12 years ago and the countertop and sink, etc. were done about a year ago.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Ayana Posadas said...

Super cute card!
Very clean, simple, and so pretty!
And OK, I am in loveee with your kitchen! Wow! Looks so amazing!!! :)
Thanks for sharing, Lynette!

Liz S. said...

I have that paper pack! Ooo.

I ordered from Repeat Impressions - stamps and the catalog. Some of the sentiments are just hysterical! I plan to stamp "Now Accepting Compliments" on the backs of my cards ...

GREAT kitchen!! I have a hard time trusting people with such neat counters :)

I always look forward to your posts!

Barbara said...

Lovely and cheerful card! And your new kitchen is beautiful!

Barb

Mary said...

Your card is lovely. Your kitchen is beautiful! I love your counters and cabinets. YYou must be very pleased with your new kitchen. :)

Mary

Dawn B. said...

Wow I love your new kitchen. It looks terrific.. I really like the dark appliances and counter tops.. I am not sure I could paint over the stenciling after all that work..:)