Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Georgia!

Another birthday girl in my Yahoo! group:)  It's not her birthday until tomorrow, but I know she has already received it.  Happy Birthday, Georgia!


I used a stamp from Stampin' Up!'s set called Thoughts and Prayers.  I colored it with SU! markers - Soft Suede, Certainly Celery and Melon Mambo.  The sentiment is from SU!'s set called Sincere Salutations, stamped with Soft Suede.  I cut the image and sentiment panel out as a rectangle, but left the leaves "outside the box."  I added some rhinestones to each flower and also a strip of them under the sentiment.  I matted the panel with Melon Mambo.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Lynette. Love how you left the leaves hanging off the edge.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
LOVELY!!

Lucy said...

Absolutely, positively stunning. It never ceases to amaze me how you can make such simple cards look so elegant!

Doris said...

I have this set, but haven't used it enough. I like the way you placed it at a different angle on your card than the usual way I've used it (upright, like a tree.) Thanks for the inspiration!

Deb said...

So beautiful, Lynette! I love the soft colors and out-of-the-box technique! Not to mention the BLING! ;)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty and I agree with everyone else who commented. :)