Friday, April 2, 2010

Clean and Simple Sketch Challenge

I made this card for SplitCoastStampers Clean and Simple Challenge #60, which is a sketch. It's also for the Curtain Call Color Challenge (kraft, white, black and Pretty in Pink) which you can find here.

I first stamped the pink squares with a stamp from Stampin' Up!'s Little Shapes - using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up. I added the hippos from a clear set I got at Michael's on Sunday. I colored the flowers, ears and teeth with gel pens. The bottom layer is Papertrey Ink's Kraft and is punched with an SU! border punch and scored with my Scor-Pal. The hippo layer is matted with Pretty in Pink. The tag sentiment is from the same clear set and is cut out with a tag die from Spellbinders. The ribbon is from PTI. I added a little darker pink flower with a black brad to match the flower on the hippo.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Love the way that you added the pink to your card. Using a darker shade of pink to color the flowers was an awesome idea. A very cute card Lynette.

Danni said...

So cute!

Leigh said...

Aaaawwww how cute!